MSD 6425 6AL Digital Ignition
• Capacitive discharge ignition control
• Multiple sparks for 20 degrees of crankshaft rotation
• Works on 12 - 18 volt electrical systems
• Accepts breaker points, amplifier and magnetic pickup trigger inputs
• 470 primary voltage output to coil
• 110 millijoules per spark up to 15,000 RPM
• No programming loops, works on 4, 6(even-fire only) or 8cyl engines
The 6AL shares the same proven circuitry of the 6A with the addition of a built-in adjustable rev limiter. The combination of powerful sparks with the safety of a Soft Touch Rev Control is what makes the 6AL the most popular ignition control in the world.
MSD first developed the Soft Touch rev control to prevent over rev damage to your motor in the event of a missed shift or driveline failure. When the engine reaches your selected h circuitry begins dropping the spark to various cylinders. On the next cycle, these plugs are fired again to prevent fuel from loading up in the cylinder. The result is a smooth and accurate limiting action without backfires or roughness. The Soft Touch Rev Control also opens the door for you to add rpm accessories such as a Two Step Rev Control. A Two Step allows you to set two rpm limits, one for a holeshot rpm and another for over rev protection.
The 6AL is supplied with rubber shock mounts and modules for 3,000, 6,000, 7,000 and 8,000 rpm.
- Spark Energy : 105-115 millijoules/Spark
- Primary Voltage: 450-480 Volts
- Secondary Voltage: 45,000 Volts
- Spark Series Duration: 20 Degrees
- Crankshaft Rotation RPM Range : 15,000 RPM with 14.4 Volts
- Voltage Required : 12 - 18 Volts
- Negative Ground Current Draw: 1 Amp ,000 RPM
There are yet no reviews for this product.
Please log in to write a review.